Alorica Desktop Support Associate in Humble, Texas
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Provides first tier operational support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
• • Provides first tier technical support to internal and external customers; installs, configures, troubleshoots, monitors, and maintains customers' desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce
• Consults with customers on all aspects of end-user computing and desktop based systems software; resolves more complex, less defined issues
• Works independently in troubleshooting and providing solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems through trouble-ticket system
• Maintains passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment
• Provides technical support and guidance through Tier II support, training, and publication of documentation; seeks hardware repair through outside vendors
• Conducts site surveys and implements moves; adds/changes modifications to existing equipment through work-request system
• Evaluates, maintains, modifies (e.g., creates macros, templates), and documents desktop application packages; participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages, implements prototypes, and consults with customers on selection of software applications
• Manages hardware inventory using asset management tool
• Creates and implements software distribution methods and standards
• Installs LAN software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintains integrity of the LAN software and hardware
• Performs LAN security procedures including implementing log-in requests; evaluates new products and technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• Complies with established policies and standards to ensure that access to company information and systems resources, in any medium or format, is limited to authorized personnel.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience/Certifications within area related to job function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in IT management with emphasis on infrastructure technology
• Experience with design of IT infrastructure
• Working knowledge of most Microsoft based platforms including Windows based operating systems
• Working knowledge of IT Disaster Recovery process and procedure
• Strong organization, project planning and time management skills
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
• Ability to negotiate and solve conflict
- Work Environment:*
• Frequent work performed in a climate controlled work environment.
• Constant exposure to electronic media
• Domestic and local travel may be necessary on rare occasions
• Frequent work performed while sitting and/or standing
• Constant use of computer, telephone devices, and other general office equipment
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.