Alorica IT Systems Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
Title/Level*: Systems Analyst
Job Summary*: Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems of highly advanced complexity, and devise computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data between client and company systems. Encode, test, debug, and install the operating programs and procedures in coordination with computer operations and user departments to ensure consistency and effectiveness across the enterprise.
Key Job Responsibilities*
• With minimal supervision, perform analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems, and devises computer programs, systems and related procedures of highly advanced complexity using knowledge and expertise as acquired through previous experience and training to enable interfaces which process data between client and company systems.
• Primary point of contact for IT programming and analysis projects including system evaluation and troubleshooting.
• Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and designs and implements appropriate programming alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Review programming codes written by other Programmer/Analysts to ensure they meet design requirements for interface solutions between company and client systems.
• Oversee and perform unit testing to ensure viability of programming through validating individual units of source codes, script, and/or architecture.
• Perform highly complex troubleshooting through analysis of code and data, identify system issues and concerns, and provide resolution.
• Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis, and designs scalable solutions.
• May use Agile Software Development process for software development efficiency and accuracy.
• Writes technical documentation to communicate project status and/or to provide user instructions to IT Operations departments.
• Partner with senior IT staff and/or technical project teams to resolve more complex or systemic programming issues.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to user departments in computer applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, and limitations to resolve specific problems and/or make changes to programs.
• Identify, recommend, and drive efforts to improve user experience and/or enterprise efficiency and effectiveness.
• Review progress and evaluates results.
• Provide training, direction, and mentoring to programming staff in technical complexities of assigned work.
• Partner with project teams and Clients to meet necessary programming specifications and business needs.
• Proactively recommends corporate-driven programming projects, communicate issues, concerns, and questions, and understand changing requirements, changing technology, and best practices.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
Minimum Education and Experience:*
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience required.
Five years of previous programming and analysis or related experience required.
Strong project management experience required.
Strong leadership, and mentoring skills required.
Depending on position, expert programming knowledge in one or more of the following areas: JAVA, C++, .NET, UNIX, SQL. DAO, ADO, WSS2, WSS3, XML.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
Exhibit strong attention to detail.
Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Ability to understand and work within set deadlines.
Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.