Alorica COBOL Developer / Team Lead in Plano, Texas
COBOL Developer / Team Lead
Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems of advanced complexity, and devise computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data between client and company systems. Encode, tests, debugs, and installs the operating programs and procedures in coordination with computer operations and user departments to enhance or improve systems.
• With moderate supervision, perform analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems, and devises computer programs, systems and related procedures of advanced complexity using knowledge and expertise as acquired through previous experience and training to enable interfaces which process data between client and company systems.
• Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate programming alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Develop and implement programming codes to meet designed interface solutions between company and client systems.
• Perform unit testing to ensure viability of programming through validating individual units of source codes, script, and/or architecture.
• Perform troubleshooting through analysis of code and data, identify system issues and concerns, and provide resolution.
• Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis, and submits recommendations for solution.
• Advise user departments in computer applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, and limitations to resolve specific problems and/or make changes to programs.
• Identify areas within the programming environment for improvement or upgrade and provide recommendations to improve user experience and/or enterprise efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provides training and direction to more junior programming staff.
• Facilitates corporate-driven programming projects, communicate issues, concerns, and questions, and understand changing requirements, changing technology, and best practices.
• Partner with more senior IT staff and/or technical teams to resolve more complex or systemic programming issues.
• Writes technical documentation to communicate project status and/or to provide user instructions to IT Operations departments.
• Communicate with other IT departments and more senior IT staff to report and resolve issues.
• May communicate with clients to understand and interpret IT requirements to address issues or changing business needs.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent relevant work experience required.
Three years of previous programming and analysis or related experience required.
Project management experience preferred.
Exhibit strong attention to detail.
Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Ability to understand and work within set deadlines.
Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.